The first time I read this scripture as a new convert, it shook me to my core. In my opinion, this scripture was given to us by God so we can reflect on it before we go out to teach others!
- Well then, if you teach others, why don’t you teach yourself?
- You tell others not to steal, but do you steal?
- You say it is wrong to commit adultery, but do you commit adultery?
- You condemn idolatry, but do you use items stolen from pagan temples?
- You are so proud of knowing the law, but you dishonor God by breaking it.
- No wonder the Scriptures say, “The Gentiles blaspheme the name of God because of you.
Lord Jesus, please help us by the power of your Holy Spirit that the unbelievers will not blaspheme the name of God through our attitude, conduct, speech and behaviour. Amen.
Bishop Roland Ayeni
12 January 2021.